Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and Turnagain Arm Tour
A photographer's dream come true!
Turnagain Arm Tour
Board your shuttle for a guided drive along spectacular Turnagain Arm. From beginning to end there are dramatic views of snow-capped mountains, rocky coastlines, wildlife, and the Cook Inlet.
There’s a good chance of viewing Dahl sheep on the rocky cliffs along our drive, as well as beluga whales surfacing in the Cook Inlet.
Your guide will share interesting facts about the history of the area from its discovery by Captain Cook and the Gold Rush in the late 1800’s to the devastating 9.2 earthquake that occurred in 1964.
Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
At the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center visitors are free to explore over 140 acres of natural habitat home to bears, moose, reindeer, lynx and other native wildlife.
Amateur photographers have the opportunity to take award-winning photographs of majestic animals at home in their natural surroundings.
Learn more about AWCC’s mission is to provide refuge for orphaned, injured and ill animals-those that can’t survive in the wild. Enjoy educational programs and events that help visitors learn more about the diverse range of wildlife in the region.
Portage Valley Road:
This is a highly recommended side trip and a great way to end your wildlife tour. Several hanging glaciers can be seen dangling between the ravines of the Chugach Mountain Range, within perfect view for memorable pictures.
Come be a part of this exciting adventure!
4 ½ hours to 5
8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., Noon and 2:00 p.m.
Animals you will see at the Wildlife Center
Average price for this tour is $69.00
- Online BookingBook Online & Get 30% to 50% Off *Online booking prices reflect Savings .
- Entrance to the AWCC Adult: $12.50 per person, Child: $9.00 per person (ages 4 – 12)
- Great discount Must book online to receive this great discount.
- FREE PICKUP Free pickup from Anchorage Visitors Center behind log cabin on the corner of 4th and F street.
Gratuities not included.
(The vehicle stops at convenient locations for snacks and beverages)
- Guide deluxe van tour along Turnagain Arm.
- Scenic stops along Turnagain Arm for stunning views of mountains and the Cook Inlet.
- A stop at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center for an up-close look at Alaska’s most iconic animals.
- Return transportation to Anchorage with picturesque photo stops along the way.
- From: 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m.,
10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.,
Noon and 2:00 p.m.
- Winter Hours: 10:00 a.m.
Total approximate duration: 4.5 hours.
- Alaska’s Finest Tours & Cruises
423 E. 5th AvenueAnchorage, Alaska 99501
For more Enquiry